Arthur Henn

Was born in Great Falls, Montana and spent most of his young childhood, growing up in Warrensburg, Missouri.

He moved to California in 1971 and, in 1975 graduated from Troy High School in the city of Fullerton.

He now lives in Southern California with his loving wife Barbara and two sons.

A lover of God's creation, his poetry reflects his perception on life, love, nature and the human soul.

"Travel again in the realms of your imagination and awake the emotions that words evoke in poetry. A poetic gem awaits."

Clary Lopez, author of Simplicity, Richness of Life


Synopsis

A potpourri of romantic poems written by talented hand of Arthur Henn. This book is a delight for the senses and will stir in you the desire to awake the forgotten art of poetry reading.

(Bulk Order discount available on 26 or more copies. Please email us at angelpublishing(at)verizon(dot)net to request a quote and place order)



Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Missing You

I sit on this empty bed
We made love in
Watching you gracefully move across the room
~
Our souls still dance with each other
When you sleep
~
Watching you sleep
Always brings a smile to my face
This is the only time you smile
~
Every time you close your eyes
Your dream becomes a reality
I caress the softness
Of your inner soul
You feel the softness
Of a sweet embracing kiss
Tender kiss
On your lips
I whisper in your ear
“I Love You”
~
You roll over
Hugging your pillow
Waking up looking into
Another early morning sunrise
~
What was reality
Was just another dream
~
You stand looking out towards the rose garden
We walked every morning
I stand here beside you
Whispering in your ear
Standing in front of the window pane
Watching the reflection of me embrace you
~
Missing me
You don’t
Know I’m here
~
My soul, wanting you to see me, the way I see
You,
You wouldn’t be so lonely
~
My hand reaches out for yours
As you caress the softness of your breast
The way I use to
~
A shiver runs up and down your spine
As if you felt another in the room
You smile, looking upon the empty bed
Tears run down your cheeks
It’s only a memory
~
You sense
I’m on the other side
Of the door
Your desire to open it causes you to look
~
We make eye contact
You walk right through me
As if I’m not there
~
Your mind is made up
You’re going to have a good time
Staying out with the girls tonight
But you can’t stop thinking of us
~
Baby
Were just memories
Please let lose of me
~
Your emotions overwhelm you
You feel the presence of me
Running back to your room
Your soul feels a desire
To look out the window pane
~
Running your hand across the glass
You feel my fingertips pressing into yours
~
You see the reflection of me holding you
You turn around
I’m not there
~
If only we could hold each other
One more time
~
We could make a memory



© By Arthur Henn 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment